LED luminaires are the best technological advancement available for consumers right now. Replacing fluorescent light fixtures with LED offers various benefits from the utility companies and the State Departments. Compared with traditional lighting fixtures, LED lights are durable and enjoy a prolonged lifespan due to efficient power consumption.
Research studies have shown the advantages of led tube lights when compared to their fluorescent counterparts. LED fluorescent tube replacements use only a fraction of the energy when compared to incandescent and fluorescent luminaires. If you are eyeing the savings on cost and power, then LED fluorescent replacement help you to reduce both your energy costs and maintenance needs.
LED lighting is growing in popularity and is eco-friendly. Most consumers are now moving from fluorescent luminaires to LED lights for money-saving benefits and standard operating hours.
Why convert to LED technology?
- LED lights are far more durable and energy-efficient.
- Exceptional longer life span (50,000 hours)
- Lower energy bills.
- Reduced maintenance requirements.
T8 fluorescent fixture vs. T8 LED lights.
|T8 LED||T8 Fluorescent|
|They do not produce harmful UV and IR rays. The T8 LED tubes effectively convert electricity into brightness more effectively without any heat wastage.||The most popular light is the T8 tubes. They produce UV and IR rays. Unfortunately, these fixtures have poor heat dissipation and suffered a significant loss in power creation.|
Benefits of LED conversion
The conversion of fluorescent lights to LED tubes is straightforward. There are several options available when it comes to converting your traditional fluorescent lights to LED.
Change the entire light fixture – Switching the whole light fixture from fluorescent to LED technology depends on the interior planning done by the homeowners. The new fixtures can accommodate LED lights for better illumination. The purchase of a new troffer is not expensive, but the installation part can be dicey. However, if the lighting fixtures are in good shape, then the replacement will be straightforward.
Modifying the existing fixture – Modifying the existing fixture is much more affordable than purchasing a new one. There are many methods present to convert the traditional lighting fixture into LED ones. The best way to do it is using some kind of retrofit kit.
Ballast bypass conversion – This means the fixture must be wired with the ballast. The primary advantage is that the consumer does not need to replace the ballast while converting the fluorescent fixture to an LED one.
The fluorescent light fixture gets modified to LED ones and also saves money for the customers. The conversion is particularly beneficial for extensive commercial renovations.
Retrofit kits – They are a great solution when it comes to modifying the existing fixtures. Less effort is required, and the benefits are immense. The retrofits are quick and easy to connect. The retrofits reduce the power consumption by 50% and prolong the LED fixture’s life by 50,000 hours. LED conversion kits come in many shapes and sizes so that the lighting fixture can house the LED bulb.
Conversion of traditional fluorescent lights to LED technology
Replacement with LED retrofit tubes
- Less expensive than the previous fixture.
- Requires a bit of rewiring to the ballast section.
- LED retrofitting helps you to eliminate the annoying ballast failures. The flickering and dimming are the signs of a failing tube.
- Retrofit tubes are available in standard and high-efficiency models.
Replacement with LED ready T8 fixture + LED tubes
- Can work with any LED tube without rewiring.
- New fixtures change the overall look of the space.
- The Lumens and the wattage depend upon the tubes you buy.
- DLC listing and rebate are eligible.
Replacement with LED fixture
- Sleek and slim designs.
- Can be suspended from wires or surface mounted.
- They offer more brightness.
- The IP ratings provide better protection from dust and moisture.
Replacement with LED troffers and panel lights
- Ideal for replacing fixtures from suspended grid ceilings. Some of them can also be surface mounted.
- Provides uniform lighting to a given area.
- 50,000 hours of average lifespan.
- They can provide brightness up to 7800 lumens.
Replacement with LED strip lights
- The strip lights use an external driver, which allows better heat dissipation and airflow.
- No need for wire to charge the tombstones. Simply connect the power source to the driver of the strip lights.
- 50 000 hours of lifespan.
- They are DLC listed and rebate eligible in many states.