There are plenty of ways you can keep track of your home decor. However, the floor lights and LED wall sconces go hand to hand when it comes to upgrading your home decor. The lighting designs strike a perfect balance with the ambiance of your home interiors.
Decorating your home is a personal choice, but you can take the help of a good interior designer as they have in-depth knowledge of how to use LED wall sconces and enhance the decor of your house’s interiors. The wall sconces are incredibly versatile and can function according to your requirements. So let’s first understand about LED wall sconces?
What are LED wall sconces?
LED wall sconces are compact decorative light fixtures installed on the walls to bring an ornamental look to your interiors.
The addition of LED wall sconces gives your interiors a distinctive look. In addition, the combination of chandeliers and wall sconces attracts the attention of guests.
The LED wall sconces can deliver natural brightness, which enhances the beauty of your home interiors, such as reading rooms, bedrooms, living rooms, hallways, dining areas, patios, etc.
Wall sconces can deliver task lighting to large picture frames and mirrors. You can also purchase LED wall sconces that match the style of your home’s existing decor.
Types of LED wall sconces
Modern look – The contemporary wall sconces are generally sleek and stylish in design—brushed or polished silver-toned metal with minimal designs to adhere to the simplicity of the interiors.
Traditional look – These designs reflect the classic past and blend in seamlessly with the interiors. Crystal and tiffany shades are popular when it comes to classic styles.
Rustic look – This kind of wall sconces are best suited for country homes and lodge interiors. They have a distressed finish, and the designs are darker in color.
Transitional look – The style is a blend of modern and traditional designs. They can be less ornamental when it comes to design patterns but enhance the beauty of your home interiors.
Now it’s time to discuss the correct placement of LED wall sconces in each part of your home. They are lovely pieces of decorative light fixtures that enhance the beauty of your home interiors and save you a great deal of money on your electricity bills. They distribute light evenly, starting from the walls to every part of the home. Let’s start with the design of each room of your house.
When upgrading your living, you have to keep certain things to your mind. The main plan is to have uniform brightness throughout the room.
The living room wall sconces keep the brightness slightly above your direct line of visibility.
Choose the design and adjust it as per your requirements. The actual brightness above the eye level makes the fixtures an ideal choice for the living room.
- One must install the living room wall sconces at a height range between 60 inches to 72 inches from the floor to the center of the junction box. For vaulted floors, the range should be between 66 inches to 72 inches.
- If you need to install more than one LED wall sconce, you have a space distance of 6 inches between the wall sconces.
The bedroom wall sconces create a romantic ambiance inside your bedroom space. The wall sconces are an ideal choice for small rooms like the bedroom.
- If you have a conventional bed with a height of 25 inches, you need to measure 60 inches from the floor to the center of the junction box. The bedside wall sconce will deliver ambient brightness to your interior.
- Use a LED wall scone for the center of the bedside table. Depending on the size and shape, you can go for a couple of inches on either side of the bed frame.
The Bathroom sconces are also the best choice for small spaces like the bathroom. A decorative wall sconce with three shades will bring a feeling of luxury to your grooming space.
- If you want to show off your LED mirror, then plan with 60 inches to 65 inches from the floor to the center of the junction box. The light source needs to be installed around the eye level to bring even frontal illumination to your face.
- If you want to install the lights above the mirrors, the recommended height is 75 inches to 80 inches. But, again, check with the measurements of the mirror and install accordingly.
For the kitchen space decor, task lighting works the best. Illuminate the heart of the house with artistic Kitchen wall sconces and amplify the beauty of the kitchen space.
- If you don’t want to install the LED fixture above the window or open shelves, then the ideal measurement from the floor should be 60 inches, or from the countertop should be 24 inches.
- Ideally, for the window, go for 6 inches from the top of the frame to the bottom of your fixture.
Things to consider
Before purchasing LED wall sconces for your interiors, consult with a design professional about the installation process and complex interior planning. Then, evaluate the exact space which is needed to be illuminated.
Determine the amount of brightness required for your interiors. The candle-shaped wall sconces deliver subdued lighting and are a perfect choice for the bedroom. In addition, the glass sconces bring elegance to the living room.
Consider the height and location of the LED wall sconces so that they are hard to reach for the children of the house. Also, keep the candle-shaped wall sconces away from desks, curtains, and beddings.
When the LED fixture is used inside the home, make sure that it should have the full brightness if it is located near a window. Also, do look for the color coordination of the walls.
Take the budget into account and buy LED wall sconces that are durable and according to the requirements of your home interiors.